While information is an important element in our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers’ trust. Keeping customer information secure and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for us all.
We abide by the thirteen (13) Australian Privacy Principles in all of our dealings with our customers.
They are as follows:-
- Open and Transparent Management of Personal Information.
- Anonymity and Pseudonymity. We provide our customers with the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym where it is reasonably practical to do so.
- Collection of Solicited Personal Information. Wherever we collect sensitive information from our customers it must be with their consent.
- Dealing with Unsolicited Personal Information. If we receive Personal Information and did not solicit it, we must determine whether or not we could have collected it under Principle three and therefore it may be sensitive and therefore it is required to be destroyed.
- Notification of the Collection of Personal Information. At or before the collection of the Personal Information, we must notify the customer of the collection of the information.
- Use or Disclosure of Personal Information. If the personal Information is collected for a particular purpose, it can only be used for that purpose unless consent is obtained from the customer.
- Direct Marketing. If we hold Personal Information we cannot use it for Direct marketing if it contains sensitive information. It can be used if it was collected by us, the customer reasonably expected it to be used, there is a simple method for the customer to opt out and the customer has not to date opted out.
- Cross Border Disclosure of Personal Information. We must make sure at all times that any overseas recipient of personal information does not breach any Australian Privacy Principles at any time.
- Adoption, Use or Disclosure of Government Related Identifiers. We must not use or disclose a Government Related Identifier of an individual.
- Quality Of Personal Information. We must make sure that the Personal Information collected is accurate, up to date and complete.
- Security Of Personal Information. We must take steps as are necessary and reasonable in the circumstances to protect the information.
- Access To Personal Information. We must provide access upon request to the information of the customer by the customer.
- Correction of Personal Information. We must take steps to correct personal information to make sure it is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant as well as not being misleading.
At James Frizelle’s Automotive Group, we collect personal information relating to our customers. That personal information includes their names, addresses, telephone numbers including home and mobile numbers and e-mail address.
The personal information collected is used to enhance the level of service provided to our customers in respect of both sales and service related aspects of our business. The personal information of customers held by us can be accessed by our customers at all times. In the event that the information is inaccurate or incorrect, it can be corrected by a written request directed to the Privacy Officer.
Our customers’ personal information is not provided to any overseas organisations without our customers consent. Personal information will be disclosed to the manufacturer of the brand of vehicle you buy from us or get serviced or repaired with us.
In the case of a customer wishing to correct any information held by us, or in the event of them wishing to lodge a complaint, then the matter should be addressed in writing to:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 1687
Southport QLD 4215
The matter of complaints shall be dealt with by the Privacy Officer who shall report to the General Manager of the business weekly in the event of complaints being received. A response shall be provided to the customer within seven (7) days of a written complaint being received.
The personal information of our customers is available to them at all times at no charge to our customers.
We further commit to our customers to the following:-
- We will safeguard, according to strict legal standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities and to administer and improve our business products by incorporating customer suggestions and feedback.
- We will permit only authorised employees and contracted personnel, who are trained in the proper and lawful handling of customer information, to have access to customer information.
- At any time, customers can contact us to instruct us to remove their name from our mailing lists.
- We will not use or disclose personally identifiable information for any purpose other than where necessary for the facilitation of customer services, except where the customer gives written specific consent.
- We will strive to keep the customer files complete, up-to-date and accurate. We will inform customers as to how and where to conveniently update their personal information and how to notify us about any errors, which we will promptly correct.